Sunday, August 9, 2009


Have you asked yourself? Why in the world are you here on this earth? I've been asking myself that question quite a lot lately, and I found the answer, actually more of being reminded again this morning.

Acts 20:24
I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of TESTIFYING TO THE GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE.

Sometimes, when things don't seem to go the way i want it to be, i find life quite meaningless. I had this mindset before to get rich and famous and succesful is the pathway of life and boom we die and nothing else matters cos i've already got my ticket to heaven. That was naive thinking.

It's quite tempting to live my life by my own and trust myself in doing everything. I can be real naive when it comes to life. I fall, I cry, I can't stand by my own. There's this chinese song when we used to sing when we were young, "When you fall, you pick yourself up by your own." To think bout it, it's not that easy to pick ourselves up as we grow older when loads are put on your back. Faith, is this vocabulary, feeling, emotion losing its meaning in my life? I hope not as I hold on to God's promise and rely on Him to pick me up everyday.

So what if one have everything in this world? It doesn't matter cos when you're leaving earth one day to wherever you believe you're going to go, you can't bring those things with you.

I know I'm not getting what i want in life. I just read an article about "unanswered" prayer.

"It's not that God didn't answer your prayer. He did. He said "No"."

Be content with what you have in life, Ivan. I should get my purpose in life straight instead of being ignorant of everything cos ignorance ain't my bestfriend.

Now I know why on earth am I here for, so what am I going to do about it?

*vanwasere. thoughts.

No comments: